"Almost homemade" pepper-fruit jam
Excellent jelly and pepper combos to try are: strawberry habanero, raspberry serrano, orange marmalade ghost pepper.
Try with bagels and cream cheese, or use it in jam thumbprint cookies.
1 jar (around 16 oz) of your favorite store bought jam or jelly
2-4 hot peppers such as habaneros or ghost peppers
- Empty jar of jelly/jam into a small sauce pot on medium heat.
- Thinly slice or mince the peppers.
- Once the jelly is melted, add the peppers and raise heat to medium high but do not boil.
- Simmer on medium high for 5 minutes, stirring with a flat-bottomed spatula so it does not stick and burn to the bottom of the pot.
- Pour jelly into a clean jar, and refrigerate.